The Main Street Alliance of Oregon (MSA-Oregon) is seeking multiple year round interns to help grow our coalition of small business owners throughout the state of Oregon, and educate owners on issues ranging from health care to credit and lending.
MSA-Oregon is a grassroots lobbying organization that works to provide small businesses a voice on the most pressing public policy issues in Oregon and nationally. Our advocacy promotes vibrant businesses and healthy communities, and fosters leadership development of socially responsible business leaders.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (including, but not limited to):
• New member recruitment
• Survey collection
• Petition signature collection
• Business owner story collection
• LTE and op-ed drafting and pitching
• Building of business owner spokesperson teams
• Building of business owner action teams
• Setting up and prepping business owners for meetings with local and national decision-makers
Please send an email with “MSA-Oregon Intern” in the subject line, including your resume and a cover letter explaining your relevant experience and interest in the position to MSA-Oregon Coalition Director, Lee Mercer – firstname.lastname@example.org.